Spicy Hummus Pasta Recipe
Updated: Apr 20, 2021
After an easy dinner? Or a meal that makes great leftover? This is the recipe for you! This is easily one of my favourite meals to make and always goes down a treat!
Don't like some of the veggies listed? Swap them out and add in one's you do like! This meal is best when it is packed full of veggies.
This spicy hummus pasta is vegan or add some dairy cheese to make it vegetarian.
Ingredients (makes two servings)
1 red onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 bell pepper
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 heaped tbsp hummus
Splash of plant milk
Pepper, chilli powder, Cayenne pepper, and paprika (to taste)
1. Fry off the garlic and red onion on a medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a separate pan per the packet instructions
3. Add in the bell peppers and after a few minutes, add in the mushrooms.
4. Cook the vegetables until they are at the desired softness.
5. Drain your cooked pasta and add to the vegetable mix.
6. Add the hummus, plant milk, baby spinach, and seasoning (I usually go for about 1-1.5tsp of each). Keep stirring until the spinach has wilted.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Want to print it off? Download the recipe below...